The Few, The Proud, The Marines Forum

View our Photo Gallery

Contact Your Representative

Contact your Senators

Backup location for this board.

If you forget the URL for this board, or you are at a different computer and don't
have the link just go to usmcforum.net for a clickable link to either board.

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

ĎUnless things change, Iím not quitting. Iím not getting fired.í

Posted By: MSgt H
Date: Thursday - October 12,2017 13:54

White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, making his first public appearance before journalists, said Thursday that he is neither frustrated in his job nor planning to depart.

Taking the lectern in the White House briefing room, Kelly sought to dismiss reports that he has been frustrated working for President Trump in what he characterized as ďthe hardest job I've ever had.Ē

ďAlthough I read it all the time pretty consistently, Iím not quitting today,Ē Kelly said. ďI donít believe ó and I just talked to the president ó I donít think Iím being fired today. And Iím not so frustrated in this job that Iím thinking of leaving.Ē

Kelly continued: ďI would tell you, this is the hardest job Iíve ever had. This is, in my view, the most important job Iíve ever had. I would offer, though, it is not the best job Iíve ever had.Ē That, he said, was serving as an enlisted Marine.

ďUnless things change,Ē Kelly added, ďIím not quitting. Iím not getting fired.Ē

A four-star Marine Corps general, Kelly took over as Trump's chief of staff on July 28 and has enforced new order and disciplined processes in what had been a chaotic West Wing.

Advisers and other people close to both Trump and Kelly have said there have been tensions and points of frustration as the two men adjust to working with each other, although Trump has repeatedly praised his chief's performance ó even predicting last weekend that Kelly would stay on the job for seven years, until the completion of the president's second term.

Password:

Messages In This Thread

ĎUnless things change, Iím not quitting. Iím not getting fired.í (views: 13)
MSgt H -- Thursday - October 12,2017 13:54
The media mess knew better than to try to insult the general (views: 10)
Retired Mustang -- Thursday - October 12,2017 16:10

Post Response

Your Name:
E-Mail Address:Private!
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later,
please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):

Password:
Save Password: Yes No

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

The Few, The Proud, The Marines Forum is maintained by Rick with WebBBS 5.01.