The Few, The Proud, The Marines Forum
|Contact Your Representative|
Backup location for this board.
If you forget the URL for this board, or you
are at a different computer and don't
have the link just go to usmcforum.net for a clickable link to either board.
Humpty's supporters suffer consequences of his policies .....
Posted By: Stimer
Date: Tuesday - May 15,2018 06:21
SOURCE: James Hohmann - The Washington Post
"THE BIG IDEA: President Trump sometimes seems impervious to the second and third order consequences of his decisions."
"Several recent developments have highlighted the unintended — though often foreseeable — consequences the president’s policies are having on his own supporters."
"In many cases, he’s following through on campaign promises — like cutting the flow of immigrants, renegotiating trade deals and rolling back regulations put in place by Barack Obama. But in the deeply interconnected global economy, the devil is always in the details and the implementation of some policies may do more to hurt than help the people who put their faith in him to fix their problems."
Here are examples:
1. Small business owners who voted for Trump might be forced to shut down because the president is making it harder for them to hire guest workers.
2. General Motors is cutting its second shift at the Lordstown Assembly plant outside of Youngtown, Ohio, next month.
3. Ironically, gas prices might go up because Trump pulled out of the Iranian nuclear agreement last week. (Iran is the world’s fifth-biggest oil producer.)
4. The president’s decision to pull out of the Iran deal, and reimpose sanctions, will cost Boeing contracts worth as much as $20 billion to replenish Iran’s aging fleet of commercial planes.
5. The trade war with China is increasing uncertainty for farmers and may still lead to punishing retaliatory tariffs.
For detailed specifics on those supporters he has hurt, open the link.
HUMPTY SCREWS HIS SUPPORTERS
Messages In This Thread
The Few, The Proud, The Marines Forum is maintained by Rick with WebBBS 5.01.